Our core values include being against segregation of the human community with an aim to promote unity – the kind of unity that is long lasting, real, and appeals to both head and heart.
2. Where are you based?
3. So, how do you work?
4. Who are your researchers?
Our research is ongoing and as more avenues open for exploration, we are now in process of gathering a research team to support our exisiting one.
5. How can I get involved?
a. As a Trainer: We are trying to put several programs together and there is a new training programme underway that you can also be a part of virtually and get help online. Once you’ve been trained, you get to organize similar events, or gather friends and spread the word.Â Our videos/podcasts are a good way to learn what we are doing.
b. As an Organizer: If you don’t fancy training, then that is cool too. Just tell us if you want to attend an event and if you’ve got friends who’d be interested and we’ll pop down and say hi to you. Meaning you can organize events for our trained volunteers to come down to and even have a good chat.
c. As a Researcher: If you want to be a part of the research team, tell us about your area of experience and interest and what you want to do and we’ll get talking.
d. As a Benefactor/Donor: Don’t forget that there is also a way for you to help by donating to us – we function solely with support of donations and to fund better research, and conduct our programmes, we need funds where your help will be immense.
e. By Promoting our Literature: If you just want to read our books and get a different point of view, and recommend them to your friends, you can always do that!
6. Are you funded/supported by/have anything to do with a religious body?
We are also (in an honest way of saying it), against the concept of relgion. We’re not against everything religions preach – in fact there is quite a lot of good like message of peace, love and truth and brotherhood that most religions promote. But we believe that humans don’t need religion to conform to these prerequisites to humanity. What we do need, however, is scientific spirituality.
The universal black and white and grey are all intrinscially known to us humans, we just need to be reminded of them and put them into practice. With an appreciation of our material world, we want to further our knowledge by the appreciation of ourselves. That’s where spirituality plays a big part.
7. How can I pop down and meet one of you?
Follow our Events page closely and see if there’s something happening in your area and come along. Letting us know in advance will help so we know we have something to look forward to.
And if nothing seems to be happening in your area in the near future, you can make it happen. Just drop us a line, and tell us if you fancy organizing an event and we’ll try our best to make it. If you can afford it (because your support will help), then may need to look into supporting a volunteer so they can get themselves there to make it.
8. What do your workshops deal with?
We use different ways to achieve our goals – talks, book fairs, workshops that cover Meditation and Yoga practices, tree planting day outs, waste management programmes, or just picnics in park with kids and story telling.
Our latest is a metal band that’s coming together – a bunch of music fanatic teetotallers.
We want to explore novel ways of approaching people – if you have an idea, write to us!
9. Do I have to be a vegetarian or a teetotal to be a volunteer?
10. How can I subscribe to the monthly e-magazine of CIS?
11. If I have a comment or question to make then how can I communicate?
12. What would I need to organize a workshop at my location?
13. How much will it cost to organize a workshop?
14. Can we charge fees from the participants to cover the cost of the workshop?
15. Can I organize a workshop/talk/lecture in a language other than the English language?
16. Can I suggest a topic for workshop/talk different from what appears on your website?
17. What should be the lead time to organize a workshop/talk?
18. Can we request CIS to display its publications along with its workshop/talk?